Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Attaching Wooden table top

Question
Round table
Round table  
I bought a used round wooden oak table with a pedestal base. The problem is that when I bought it the top was not attached and when I got it home I cannot figure out hoe to attach it. The owner later tells me he has no screws to attach it and the holes seems to be for bolts or something.
The plywood in the picture is attached to the pedestal with 4 long bolts coming out but these bolts don't line up with anything on the top.

Dont know what to look for???

Answer
Hi Gail, sorry about the late reply, I did not get a notification of your pending question for some reason...are you absolutely sure they are a match?? It doesn't sound like it to me...as , obviously, the method of attachment should match on both pieces, and be pretty obvious.It's possible that parts are missing, and there was another mounting point....is it around 30" high from the floor when assembled? You're going to have to remove the existing bolts and drill some new screw holes with proper screws to attach it if it is.If it's not and say, a couple of inches short...it's likely that parts are missing.... you'll need to evaluate it and carefully decide and mark where new screw holes  will go, or build it up with additional pieces. If this is outside your comfort zone, you'll need to find a handy person with the knowledge and confidence to do it...or guide you. Wish I could be more help from here- post back if need be- regards- Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl