Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/key hole


I have an Ethan Allen dresses the metal key hole that holds the
key  fell out & I must have vaccumed it up. Where can
I find a replacement?

Hi Pam,

The part that you're looking for is called the keyhole escutcheon. There're so many different styles and shapes, you may have to search around a little bit to find the exact one you need. I just looked at a few of the online hardware sources that I use, and found these:

The first link, for Horton Brass, shows a lot of different varieties of these keyhole covers, but all the rest of the links are good, too. You should be able to find what you're looking for here.

By the way, if you have an old fashioned hardware store in your town - you might be able to find one of these keyhole covers there, without having to go online.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Jamie in Vegas

Jamie Yocono
Wood It Is! Custom Cabinetry
Las Vegas, NV

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jamie Yocono


Woodworker, Furniture designer/builder, industrial arts educator. Bachelor degree in Furniture Design, and journeyman carpenter, with a 4 year apprenticeship. Currently owner of custom furniture/cabinet shop in Las Vegas, NV. Can answer most woodworking questions EXCEPT those regarding repairs, refinishing, and antiques.


Bachelor in Furniture Design - Ohio University (1980) Journeyman Carpenter, Local 639 Adult educator - Developed adult education woodworking program for the University of Akron, and taught classes there for 9 years. Opened a private woodworking school in Las Vegas, NV and teach private and semi-private lessons. In 2011, I will begin teaching UNLV woodworking classes at my school. Sweet!

Furniture Society

Tile Design and Installation Magazine (Article on inlaying tile into wood)

Journeyman Union Carpenter Bachelors degree in Furniture Design (Ohio University) College of Hard Knocks!

©2017 All rights reserved.