Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Fix canopy wood

Question
canopy rod fix
canopy rod fix  
My canopy rod is broken-how can I mend it? The hole needs to be closed.
Thank you

Answer
Susan,

There's really no way to repair that piece of wood - it split on the grain, and it's probably easier to just have a new piece made.

I would try to get someone to make you a new part for your bed. It doesn't look too complicated - try a local high school with a woodworking program, or your local college's art (sculpture) department. Either one should be able to help you.

If you can't get that part made, I'd be happy to help you, but it seems like along way to send a part to be made! You're welcome to write back to me at the email address below, if you have more questions.

Jamie

____________
Jamie Yocono
Wood It Is! Custom Cabinetry
Las Vegas, NV
www.wooditis.com
jamie@wooditis.com

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono