Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Drawer rails


I currently have kitchen drawers with a groove routed on the outside edges and the drawers slide on a plastic track stapled to the sides of the cupboard. The plastic rail is 12. Inches long  and forms a right angle on the profile like an inverted 'L' and the portion sticking out slides I the groove in the side of the drawer. The  track sticks out about 1/4 inch. Unfortunately, I broke a track and wondered if they are still made or what I could use as a substitute?


Take a look at these excellent suppliers.  You should reach out and e-mail a good photo of the part to them.

For general cabinet hardware:

For a wide stock of plastic hardware:

If those don't pan out, you can probably get an acceptable substitute from:
They have good tech help to find the right shape.

Best of luck, Steve Major

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen Major (Owner--Major Design Group)


I can answer questions regarding woodworking, cabinetmaking, architectural woodwork (interior and exterior), and the design of same. PLEASE provide photos whenever possible.


I have 25 years experience as a professional woodworker and cabinetmaker. I have a lot of experience in the design and fabrication of casework (built-ins, bookcases, entertainment centers) as well as free-standing furnishings including beds, tables, etc.

Author: "Architectural Woodwork - Details for Construction" published by Van Nostrand Reinhold (now Wiley).

BS Cornell University.

©2017 All rights reserved.