Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/touch up newer wood furniture

Question
I have 2 year old solid oak furniture with a tobacco stain. It is from the Vaughn Bassett Appalachian collection.  Somehow something has striped the original stain on the night table.  Maybe from a water bottle or something hot.  Is there anyway to sand the small area and touch up with matching stain.  I have reached out to the manufacturer to see if purchasing stain is possible.  Need help!!

Answer
Tracey,
It is extremely difficult to sand a small area and touch-up with a matching stain.
You not only have to match the stain; but, also the existing finish.
I would suggest that you strip the solid oak  piece of furniture.
When a piece of furniture is first stained; the stain penetrates deeply into the fibers of the wood.  The best way to remove all of the sealer, stain and finish - is to strip the piece.

You could have a company refinish the piece and they can match the existing stain and finish.
It would be great if Vaughn Bassett could send you the same stain; that was originally used for your piece.

I hope this gives you a little insight to your problem.

Good Luck,

Joe Eldredge
Conscientious Wood Care

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Joseph A. Eldredge