Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Gluing drawer bottoms

Question
Hello, I am making several kitchen drawers with dovetails in all 4 corners, and I have always heard that you DO NOT glue the bottoms in place. Just finished a wood working magazine that said to glue bottom , all 4 sides. The side are 3/4 hard maple, and the bottoms are 1/4" maple plywood.
Help, help, help,
Thank you, Bob

Answer
Hey Bob, I wouldn't obsess over this....if you're using a hardwood plywood, you could either glue or not....doesn't really matter...some manufacturers just pin the bottoms with small headless nails from a pneumatic pinner...some glue...some leave the bottoms floating.....obviously solid wood is different, and you would NOT glue or pin..hope that helps, and kudos for you for dovetailing hard Maple...no easy task!
Regards, Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl