Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/repairing a chair leg


e can i find " simple corner braces " online or in a store ?

Hi Kevin
If you mean braces made of metal, about 3/4 inches wide with holes pre drilled they are available at most hardware stores.
If you mean wooden corner braces you have to make them out of hardwood. A woodshop will do this for you.
Never seen either one used to repair a chair leg but I haven't seen everything LOL.
Kevin a picture of the area you want to fix would be helpful. Perhaps theres another approach.

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eileen Cronk


Hi..I can answer most questions about the repairing,stripping and refinishing of all your old furniture and wood items(the things we call antiques)I can give advice about what to buy/avoid at auctions/flea markets. I do not give appraisals on antiques.


I have been refinishing antiques for the past 30yrs. While I have taken several courses over the years,I have found that "hands on" learning is the best teacher. Perhaps I can help you avoid some of the mistakes I made while learning.

©2017 All rights reserved.