Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/sticky table slides (?)

When I try to pull my dining room table apart to either put in or take out a leaf, I have a hard time. What can I use to make it slide apart easier?

I would suggest Petroleum Jelly; if the slides are wooden or metal.
Apply an amble amount and work the slides back and forth; until they become lubricated to the point they slide easier
Then take a clean cloth and remove any excess that might have gotten pushed-out of the slide areas.

Hope this helps!

Joe Eldredge
Conscientious Wood Care
Rocky Mountain Lustre Furniture Polish

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Joseph A. Eldredge

We have been in the wood care business for almost 30 years (we are still learning) We do refurbishing and touch-up of furniture, paneling, antiques etc. The number one question that we receive; is what do I use on my furniture, to keep it looking moisturized, clean and get the depth perception back into the finish. I believe we can help on products to use and answer questions on why we don't use certain products that are available to us. I am sure that there are many questions on wood care that we can't answer; but, give us a try anyway. We find that many people use products for maintaining the wooden furniture, etc., and can't understand the reason it looks worse as they continue to use certain products. Most people use the products that their mothers and grandmothers used. Finishes on furniture have come a long way; from shellacs, waxes, varnishes etc. Give us an email and see if we can help with some of your questions and concerns.

Have worked in Omni, Brown Palace etc. hotels. Have refurbish items in the Colorado Govenors mansion and the Colorado Capital building etc. We have been caring for millions of dollars worth of furniture and antiques for large corporations for years.

Have received certificates from numerous companies who teach wood care clases through-out the country.