Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/broom hanging

Question
I'm not sure if you can answer this maybe you're too young.  But thought I'd try as many experts I can and maybe someone can steer me in the right direction.  I have a pegboard for an outdoor shed, and I wanted to use it to hang mops rakes brooms etc.  I found our rakes brooms etc, don't have a hole for string to go through to hang from a hook.  Years ago people were able to get tops usually rubber tops that fit over the top of a broom or mop and had a hole for a string so people could hang them on a nail or whatever.  Do you know what the proper name is and is it possible to find somewhere to get them.  We live in a small town with limited retail and hardware stores are small and don't carry things like this.  thanks

Answer
Hi Jan, I have never seen these for sale, but I have seen hangers that have "grippers" that grip the handle and hold the implement such as these at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lehigh-SS29-6-Handle-Holder-Hooks/19870536

Even a small town hardware store should have a few options for handled tools for you to look at that would work on your pegboard.

The other obvious option is to simply drill a hole, which is easily done....simply use a brad point or Black and Decker "Bullet" type drill bit that has a center point, say 5/16" size, and use a backing scrap block for the drill bit to give you a clean hole.
Hope that helps- Regards- Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl