Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/CHERRY FROM PETERMAN'S

Question
Since I am in Vegas also, I need your opinion on how long to let my 2x10x10' planks from peterman's dry.  I used peterman's because of their reputation for quality.   I am making a "T" shaped island 7'X10' and will use full length boards with no but joints and only side joints with biscuits for alignment.  I plan on using  Danish oil 5 or 6 coats so it will not vary internal moisture very quickly.  Is one week in my house enough?  It is spring so my doors are open any ways. so it seams silly that my house is any different than out side.
Thanks for your answer in advance.

Answer
Hi Mitchell,

I would think those boards are already down to 6-8% moisture content, so it's not like they're going to dry any more in your home than the lumberyard. When I pick up wood from Petermans, I use it almost immediately and never have had a problem.

I don't think you have to worry too much about acclimating those boards - no one I know let's theirs acclimate and they don't have any problems.

Hope this helps!

Jamie

By the way - do you know about our Sin City Woodworker's group? We meet at my shop once a month to talk shop and share demos and techniques. You're welcome to attend - here's a link to our blog:  http://sincitywoodworkers.blogspot.com

Send me your email address and I'll add you to the invite list.  

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono