Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Teak exterior single lite doors

I need to replace 9 French doors (exterior single lite doors) and want to know if you would recommend using teak as a satisfactory wood. e.g. stability, endurance, weather (South Florida), etc.
I suppose that I will need to special order the doors. If not teak, how do you feel about oak. The doors will ultimately be painted white.
Thank you.

I understand your needs as far as stability, endurance, weather etc. in South Florida.
Living in Colorado I don't experience your conditions etc.

I feel that if you google French doors South Florida (As I did) you will get many more accurate answers than I could give.

Good luck!

Joseph A. Eldredge
Conscientious Wood Care

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Joseph A. Eldredge

We have been in the wood care business for almost 30 years (we are still learning) We do refurbishing and touch-up of furniture, paneling, antiques etc. The number one question that we receive; is what do I use on my furniture, to keep it looking moisturized, clean and get the depth perception back into the finish. I believe we can help on products to use and answer questions on why we don't use certain products that are available to us. I am sure that there are many questions on wood care that we can't answer; but, give us a try anyway. We find that many people use products for maintaining the wooden furniture, etc., and can't understand the reason it looks worse as they continue to use certain products. Most people use the products that their mothers and grandmothers used. Finishes on furniture have come a long way; from shellacs, waxes, varnishes etc. Give us an email and see if we can help with some of your questions and concerns.

Have worked in Omni, Brown Palace etc. hotels. Have refurbish items in the Colorado Govenors mansion and the Colorado Capital building etc. We have been caring for millions of dollars worth of furniture and antiques for large corporations for years.

Have received certificates from numerous companies who teach wood care clases through-out the country.