Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/cavallomargaret@hotmail.com

Question
Hi Eileen,
This is a follow up to my ball footed chifferobe question.  
I read some where that all mirrors made after a certain date had to be stamped on the back.  Do  you happen to know that date was?  I have removed the mirrors ( very easily) from the chifferobe and there was no dates on them.  Also, would it be possible that the finish is Tung oil?

Answer
Hi Margaret
I don't know when they started putting the date of manufacture on mirror backs (not all mirrors are dated), but I can tell you that I saw one a few years back dated 1915.
So for sure it goes back that far.
Its quite possible it could be oil. Has the piece had work previously?
Regards
Eileen

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Eileen Cronk