Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/cutting approx 48 inch stock

What is the easiest method for cutting (2) 3/4 inch boards approximately 48 inches long the exact same length for the sides of a bookshelf? The width of the boards are 9 3/4 inch wide which is bigger than the capacity of my miter saw.

We don't do a lot of carpentry work; mostly touch-up and refurbishing.

When I have cut two boards; to the same length:
I clamp them together on a table; making sure the they can't move horizontally or vertically.

I score the top board; and cut through both boards.

This give me the same legth on both boards.

I don't know if this will help;or not.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Joe Eldredge
Conscientious Wood Care LLC  

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Joseph A. Eldredge

We have been in the wood care business for almost 30 years (we are still learning) We do refurbishing and touch-up of furniture, paneling, antiques etc. The number one question that we receive; is what do I use on my furniture, to keep it looking moisturized, clean and get the depth perception back into the finish. I believe we can help on products to use and answer questions on why we don't use certain products that are available to us. I am sure that there are many questions on wood care that we can't answer; but, give us a try anyway. We find that many people use products for maintaining the wooden furniture, etc., and can't understand the reason it looks worse as they continue to use certain products. Most people use the products that their mothers and grandmothers used. Finishes on furniture have come a long way; from shellacs, waxes, varnishes etc. Give us an email and see if we can help with some of your questions and concerns.

Have worked in Omni, Brown Palace etc. hotels. Have refurbish items in the Colorado Govenors mansion and the Colorado Capital building etc. We have been caring for millions of dollars worth of furniture and antiques for large corporations for years.

Have received certificates from numerous companies who teach wood care clases through-out the country.