Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Removing dresser drawer

I have a sitcom Edo double dresser. (6 drawers; 3 pre side)  Something must have fallen out of one of the upper drawers and dropped behind the lowest drawer and I can't close the drawer all the way.  

There is a central metal track.  I have tried pulling the drawer out and lifting up - - no luck.  There is almost no space on the side or at the back of the drawer, so I can't get my hand into the back or side.   The back and the underside of the dresser is enclosed with wood.  
I don't seem to be able to find a release on the slide, if there is one.

Days of calling companies that have this dresser listed on their website has been unhelpful.  Do you have any idea how the drawer could be taken out?  Thank you for any suggestions.

Cordially,  Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I'm really unfamiliar with the kind of dresser you mention, but I suspect there could be some sort of release tab that is under that drawer, which releases the slide. I would pull one of the top drawers all the way out and climb underneath it, to see what it looks like. If there is some brand name stamped on the slide, I would look up their website to see if they have a 800 number or an instruction video.

That said - there are usually two ways to remove a slide - by pressing or releasing the tab, thus unlocking the slide from its counterpart. These tabs are tricky to find - sometime they're just a small lever or button. The other method involves a roller wheel dropping into the center track - this usually comes out when you lift it up. If you could take a couple of photos and send me them - I will see if I recognize the slide. Sometimes a second set of eyes on it really helps. Would be glad to help you out,

Jamie in Vegas

Jamie Yocono
Wood It Is! Custom Cabinetry
Las Vegas, NV

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono

Woodworker, Furniture designer/builder, industrial arts educator. Bachelor degree in Furniture Design, and journeyman carpenter, with a 4 year apprenticeship. Currently owner of custom furniture/cabinet shop in Las Vegas, NV. Can answer most woodworking questions EXCEPT those regarding repairs, refinishing, and antiques.

Bachelor in Furniture Design - Ohio University (1980) Journeyman Carpenter, Local 639 Adult educator - Developed adult education woodworking program for the University of Akron, and taught classes there for 9 years. Opened a private woodworking school in Las Vegas, NV and teach private and semi-private lessons. In 2011, I will begin teaching UNLV woodworking classes at my school. Sweet!

Furniture Society

Tile Design and Installation Magazine (Article on inlaying tile into wood)

Journeyman Union Carpenter Bachelors degree in Furniture Design (Ohio University) College of Hard Knocks!