Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Help! Cant figure out what hinges to use!!!!

Question
Hinge
Hinge  

Original hinge
Original hinge  
Hello,

I am in the process of re-painting my 1980s era kitchen cabinets. In error, I threw away most of the old hinges because they were ugly. Now, after the fact, I'm noticing they seemed to have been the only ones that work for my type of cabinet.

My cabinets all have an angled cut out in them, which allows for the hinges to be concealed. The hinges themselves have an angled portion too that fit perfectly in the cut out. I'm almost finished with my project and can't figure out where to find this type of hinge (I've looked all over the Internet) or what newer options to use. I'm desperate and frustrated!

Thanks for any help,
Lauren

Answer
Lauren,

This appears to be a type of semi-concealed face frame hinge.  I've seen this style at some point.  You may be able to get a hinge that has a flat plate, and simply bend it to the correct angle, or have a sheet metal shop do it.  Or, depending on how it's installed, another hinge can work.  

If you can, please send a photo of one hinge installed on the cabinet, without the door.  

In the meantime, e-main your request and pics to these excellent suppliers:

http://ahturf.com/store/index.php?route=common/home

http://www.libertyhardware.com/

Steve  

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Stephen Major (Owner--Major Design Group)