Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/lazy susan type can cabinet won't turn

Question
QUESTION: I have a lazy susan type storage unit in cabinet meant to store cans. It has become unbalanced and won't slide back and forth in a full simi-circle anymore. What can I do to get back on track? do I need to replace parts?

ANSWER: Hi Mary, those lazy susan units are usually a separate unit, check to see if its aligned correctly. they can wear out. You can try lubricating it, which is the most cost effective way of trying to solve it..use a spray lithium grease or similar heavy bodied lubricant, resist the urge to use something like WD-40, which is to thin to do..and will dissipate quickly.....post back if necessary.
Regards, Greg

QUESTION: I just found out that it is of its track. Any suggestions on how to get it on track . do I need a professional, parts? Should I use the libricant also?

ANSWER: Hi Mary, without seeing it, I cannot really help very much...if it is a Lazy Susan type device, is it a single tire?.. or multiple tiers?...these usually have races of ball bearings, and the bearings are trapped in the races, so they can't go "off track", please elaborate or better yet, send me a picture or two. Typically parts are not available, and the whole unit will need to be replaced if it has in fact failed....and that may be quite a job. Please post back.
Regards, Greg

QUESTION: Off track meaning in this case that one end of the pole is not in the opening that it should be in. It has two shelves. Can this be put back in manually?

Answer
Hi Mary, as I said...since I cannot see it, I have no idea. Are these custom cabinets or made by a large manufacturer?..that would be a place to start, is with them. Unless something is worn out or broken, then it should be able to be put back in, but that begs the question, why and/or how did it come out? Wish I could be more help, can you post pictures? Or find someone to help you post pictures?
Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl