Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Axel Larsson chair

Question
I inherited amid-century Axel Larsson (I think) birch webbed chair.  The webbing was worn, so I removed and replaced it with webbing as close to the original as I could find.  My cat has badly scratched the webbing and although I am up for the re-webbing project, the back of the chair has a significant amount of tack holes.  My question is: can those holes be filled with a product in such a way that it doesn't look amateurish? The finish on the chair is worn--is it better to leave the original finish or have a professional refinish the frame?

Thank you for you kind assistance.

Patricia

Answer
Hi Patricia
Nice to hear from you.
Sorry about the delay getting to you but we have been out of power due to severe storms here in Ontario.
First I would leave the chair in original condition. Just a nice waxing after the ruined webbing is removed.
Are you sure the old tack holes will show after new webbing is applied?
I'll bet not. Old tack holes are not usually filled before new material is applied.
Any chance of a picture?
Regards
Eileen

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Eileen Cronk