Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/cabinet hinges

Question
I read your answer to another Michelle who had cabinet fronts falling off. My problem is not where the hinge screws into the main cabinet but where the "U" shaped plate slides into the cabinet door fronts and is tightened. My cabinet fronts seems to be a composite material and through opening it has disintegrated and does not tighten enough to hold the door for more than a week.I open the door and the whole thing slides off. I tried wood clue in the cut out for hinge for door to fill the space. I am wondering if new hinge or a new door front may be my only options. Alignment was initially a problem for this door with the other side.

Answer
Hi Michelle,

I am not sure I understand what you are describing - can you possibly send me a picture or two so I can see the problem area? I'd be happy to help if I get some photos.

Jamie in Vegas

____________
Jamie Yocono
Wood It Is! Custom Cabinetry
Las Vegas, NV
www.wooditis.com

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono