Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/cabinet hinges

I read your answer to another Michelle who had cabinet fronts falling off. My problem is not where the hinge screws into the main cabinet but where the "U" shaped plate slides into the cabinet door fronts and is tightened. My cabinet fronts seems to be a composite material and through opening it has disintegrated and does not tighten enough to hold the door for more than a week.I open the door and the whole thing slides off. I tried wood clue in the cut out for hinge for door to fill the space. I am wondering if new hinge or a new door front may be my only options. Alignment was initially a problem for this door with the other side.

Hi Michelle,

I am not sure I understand what you are describing - can you possibly send me a picture or two so I can see the problem area? I'd be happy to help if I get some photos.

Jamie in Vegas

Jamie Yocono
Wood It Is! Custom Cabinetry
Las Vegas, NV

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono

Woodworker, Furniture designer/builder, industrial arts educator. Bachelor degree in Furniture Design, and journeyman carpenter, with a 4 year apprenticeship. Currently owner of custom furniture/cabinet shop in Las Vegas, NV. Can answer most woodworking questions EXCEPT those regarding repairs, refinishing, and antiques.

Bachelor in Furniture Design - Ohio University (1980) Journeyman Carpenter, Local 639 Adult educator - Developed adult education woodworking program for the University of Akron, and taught classes there for 9 years. Opened a private woodworking school in Las Vegas, NV and teach private and semi-private lessons. In 2011, I will begin teaching UNLV woodworking classes at my school. Sweet!

Furniture Society

Tile Design and Installation Magazine (Article on inlaying tile into wood)

Journeyman Union Carpenter Bachelors degree in Furniture Design (Ohio University) College of Hard Knocks!