Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Cabinet base for kitchen table

Question
I am  having a quarterback counter top made for a small kitchen. To gain added work space as well as have a place for us to seniors to sit we would like to build a table top  from the same quartz - about 28" by 48.
Where could I get a white laminate cabinet that I could use for a base and storage - about 30" wide and how could it be cut down to accommodate the thickness of the top and still be table height.
Thank you for any help

Answer
Hi Barbara, various cabinets are available "flat packed" in boxes, at the Big Box stores like Lowes, Home Depot, etc., and 30" is a common size I believe, but they would be 34" tall and the typical table height is around 30".....also a solid Quartz counter is likely really heavy, and I would be concerned about the vertical strength of some of those premade cabinets. A good Cabinetmaker/Furniture Maker could likely build something custom for not a lot of money, out of white laminated panels, and incorporate a heftier design to accommodate the added weight safely... and make it a custom height if need be.The Big Box stores also offer custom cabinet design and manufacture, so investigate that as well.. That's what I'd suggest you explore..I'm sure there are some local craftsmen in your area, too.. that could do such a custom job, and I would find a few to give you estimates...there are small custom kitchen designer/manufacturers in most localities, that would likely take on this job for you, and they're set up to manufacture this type of cabinetry all ready, so they would likely be pretty reasonable in cost...perhaps...only some research and calling will give you that answer, but I would explore at least 3 different options to see where you come out....hope that helps a little. Please feel free to post back.
Regards, Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl