Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/rosewood table repair

Question
Hello Greig
I have a circular rosewood table with inlaid brass decoration on the face of the table and on the legs. The diameter is 56cm's and I would say 10cm's from the edge the wood has faded. Now I am a bit nervous about treating a table that I have no knowledge of. What would you use as a quick and easy remedy without spoiling the table, could you tell me what I would need and what steps could be taken. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time Greig all the best.

Best wishes

Colin weaver

Answer
Hey Colin, sorry for the late reply. I would take some mineral spirits and wipe down the table...if it looks wonderful when wet, (it likely will), then you can find some Watco Danish oil finish in Medium walnut and apply a few coats of that.The key is VERY thin coats, and allowing 24hrs. between coats. Apply with a brush fairly liberally, allow to penetrate for a few minutes and then wipe off leaving a very thin film. If it doesn't look good wet, meaning discolored patches, strange color differences, etc..then further restoration will be necessary. Feel free to post back.
Regards, Greg

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Greg Scholl