Cactus/Cactus

Question
CACTUS
CACTUS  
My cactus has developed a narrow stem.  Can I bury it in soil to offer some support

Answer
Hi Bernard

Cacti can not be buried above where their stems touch the soil, otherwise they will rot.

Leave it alone for a few months, until the warmer weather comes around again when it is actively growing and re-pot it.

A lot of cacti do what yours is doing and this condition affects mainly old plants.

Try putting in a stake so it does not collapse but do re-pot in spring or summer into a pot only a tad larger than the one it is already.

There is not much else you can do for it but feed it and put it in a bright light.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

Cactus

Jonathan Alderson