Cactus/Cactus/succulent

Question
cactus
cactus  

bloom
bloom  
Was wondering if you can tell me what the attached image.

Answer
Hi Wendi

Your plant looks like a Kalanchoe Daigremontiana( Syn. Bryophyllum Daigremontianum) and the common names are Mexican Hat plant, Mother of thousands or Alligator Plant.

It is a succulent in the Crassula family(Crassulacae) and comes from Madagascar.

It usually flowers in winter and can get to a height of 3 to 4 ft.

They cannot tolerate any degree of frost and need near tropical conditions to flourish.

They produce plantlets on the edges of their leaves but do not produce seed.

These will soon grow into full sized plants once rooted and will in turn flower when they reach maturity.

Hope this helps.

Keep it happy and you will be rewarded with babies.

Jonathan

Cactus

Jonathan Alderson