Cadillac Repair/96 eldorado etc

Wayne wrote at 2012-12-01 12:58:28
Actually it is common for northstars to need a valve job at this mileage. through 1999 they had lifters that weren't roller tipped. This plus manufactures taking some of the additives out of the oil causes the lifters and cams to wear on the exhaust side. thats why they went to the roller tipped rockers.

But its really the valve guide wear that causes the valves to not seat right. How do I know, I am fixing one now. stretched timing chains worn timing gears worn lifters, cam lobes. 96,000

miles and no outward signs of abuse or neglect. All from an engine that was supposed to go 100,000 miles between tune ups.

Cadillac Repair

Kevin Donovan