Cadillac Repair/1995 cadillac deville concorse

Question
QUESTION: I try starting my car and it turns over but does not start and i cant push on the gas more than a few inches before it stops excelerating and everything after that it just kinda rumbles and ive changed the spark plugs and the fuel filter and used fuel injection cleaner, help please???

ANSWER: Hello,

Just a guess assuming the engine is running properly. Could be a plugged Catalytic converter.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: is there anyway to unplug it without taking it to a shop?

ANSWER: Hello,

No. Unless you are capable of disconnecting the exhaust before the catalytic converter and take this very loud car down the road to see if it has more power and runs smoother. They used to make straight pipes that could bypass the converter all together for testing purpose only, however many would just settle for a bypassed converter which is highly against the law.
Drivability questions are almost impossible to give a direct answer to over the Internet without being at the vehicle.
If the converter is plugged, the next question would be why? Converters only plug from a bad running engine in the first place from running too rich meaning that something in the computer system is not functioning correctly.
I understand that people do not have the money they once did because of the economy, however there are times that we have no choice but to have the vehicle properly diagnosed the first time.
What you don't do is go to a Cadillac dealer. Find a local store that has competent technicians to diagnose the problem.
Dealers charge far too much and with older vehicles they quote ridiculous prices with no guaranty that their diagnoses will even fix the problem. Over the years, I have found this a common scenario.

God Luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: I dont think the engine is working correctly cuz i got started once and when i did i pressed the gas and it accelerated the first inch i pushed in then after that it bogs down....... Would a 2000 cadillac eldorado engine work in a 1995 cadillac deville concors???

Answer
Hello,

I do not have a cross reference book and you may want to call a salvage yard. You will need everything from the Eldorado. Computer, The PKIII theft deterrent module. Then we have another problem. You have the VATS with that ugly black chip in the key. The ignition lock on that is longer and I don't know if the Eldo lock cylinder will work in your steering column. The Eldo has a computer chip in the head of the key that matches the theft deterrent module. All this theft deterrent crap known as anti theft that has never stopped a ca from being stolen is a pain in the but.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter