Cadillac Repair/96 Cadillac Devile no start,

Question
Hello, I am desperately trying to figure out how to reset the computer on my 96 devile. This issue came about after my battery died, I went to jump the car and all I got was a click. I assumed it was the starter but the starter never showed any symptoms of failure. How do I tell if that is the cause of the no start or if its the starter its self.  I found the relay and am replacing that. If the computer was tripped how do I reset it. Please any help or knowledge would be greatly valued.  Thank you for your time.  

Brian

Answer
Hello,

If all you are getting is a clicking, it is either a starter issue r a battery connection issue. You may have to remove the ground from the frame where the negative cable is located. Grind it down to bare metal and reattach, but before doig that, you need to check the starter. If you put a test light at the purple wire on the solenoid at the stater and have someone turn the ignition to start and there is power at the purple wire, the starter is no good. If there is no light, it is a battery connection issue, or the battery you just put in is no good. That is it. There are no other options. Resetting of the computer does not come into play here.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter