Cadillac Repair/cadillac turn signals

Question
I have a 1992 cadillac sedan deville.The flasher fuse was not working and i replaced it. I inspected all lights. All  are working except the rear turn signals. Front signals work if you manually work turn signal lever. The brake lights and hazards work but no rear turn signal lights not even when manually operating turn signal lever.Any idea what my problem could be?

Answer
Hello,

There are many things that can be wrong here and the only way to perform a proper diagnoses is to cqire a factory service manual from Craig's list or Ebay.
There is no set answer here. I have even seen these cars equipped with a hitch and trailer wiring which could be another factor. There may be multiple fuse boxes in this vehicle and you can confirm this through the owner's manual. You could in fact, still have a bad flasher and this vehicle is either equipped with one flasher for dual purpose or two flashers, one for the four ways and another under the driver's side dash for the turn signals. You could have a ground issue in the rear and even a bad turn signal switch requiring the steering column to be disassembled.
Your description leads me to believe you have a bad t.s. switch flasher, but that is merely a guess and I would recommend the factory manual to diagnose and repair this problem and anything that comes up in the future. This is the best tool you can ever get to repair the vehicle.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter