Cadillac Repair/1995 cadillac deville

while driving i would begin to hear like a bell sound then a message would display saying "turn engine off" if I keep driving it would continue to appear. when i do pull over and turn the car off it would not start again until anywhere from 15mins to sometimes hours later

When the turn engine off light comes on with a chime, it tells you there is something serious going on like not enough oil, low oil pressure, over heating or something that disables the engine for a period of time. If I remember right when that light comes on, it says either hot or oil. Its been a long time since I have seen this light, but I would get the car into a service center (not a dealer) to have everything checked out mechanically. This is also why the engine will not start for a period of time. Whatever problem caused this to happen has to be no longer present for the engine to be restarted.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.