Cadillac Repair/will notstart

Question
I have a 1991 Cadillac DeVille with a 4.9 and all of a sudden I went to start it and it will not start I tried jumping the starter but just turns over and its not showing no codes when I turn the ignition all my lights come in but it will not start and there is no security light on

Answer
Hello,

If the engine is turning over (spinning) there can be a whole host of problems, but it would not be in the VATS anti theft system. The VATS (Ugly black chip in the key) when enabled prevents the engine from spinning or doing anything.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter