Cadillac Repair/2005 escalade

Hello have a question I tried to move my 4 horse trailer around the yard and when I hooked it up it just sunk the whole truck to the ground my air compressor makes noise but will not pick up the car the traileris empty what ccould be the issue ? The car drives and has a normal stance it was very cold out tho 5 degrees does temperature have a role in this issue?  Any thoughts would be grear

I believe the Escalade is suspension is not strong enough to maintain the weight. I do not know the rating of an empty 4 horse trailer, but the Escalade is built on a 1/2 ton suspension which means if this trailer empty weight is 800-900 pounds, you are pushing this to the max.

Cold weather too, has an effect as well. Ever had a tire leak to be more frequent in cold weather? air may be leaking out of the rear fittings for the bags or shocks very slowly. There is the real life possibility that this type of weight whatever it may be could blow out the bags or shocks and you are lucky that did not happen.

The Escalade has the power to pull the trailer, however the suspension is not set up in a half ton to pull such a trailer unless you are using load equalizing bars with the hitch and that even gets a little hairy.

Sometimes we think because the vehicle is equipped with a class three hitch, there is nothing the vehicle will not pull. The problem is, the vehicle has to be designed for that weight.
My 3/4 ton or a one ton is more designed for this application.

The factor I do not know is what the tongue weight of your trailer is, but I am relatively familiar with these trainers in Texas and commonly I have found over 500 pounds at the hitch.

In warmer weather, the compressor might be able to keep up, but it should quit when it gets to a certain height and if it continued to run in these very cold temps, it appears as though you have a fitting or a line leak and I believe you simply have too much weight at the hitch for this vehicle.

Just my thoughts.  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.