Cadillac Repair/94 sts 4.6 problems

Engine starts runs 2 to 5 minutes, then display flashes "engine Hot shuting off" Engine is only 134-145. codes now are po23H,po25c, po73h, io52h,a050h, s044h,s060h.

Codes present in Dec/02 (when purchased) were p023h,p052h, p083h, p0109h, i052, s036,s044, s061. Check engine light on.
spent 2800.00 with dealer - then war told that wirin harness under drivers seat was spliced under floor pan.  Which I found was a lie. wires are not under car.

Codes in Jan 07 were - p023h, p025c, p052h, p083h, p0109h
Codes in April 07 were p023h, p025c, p052h, p083h, p0109h
Engine problem was sometimes died (always restarted), sometimes let off gas and fast idle for 2 blocks then returned to idle. Sometimes speedometer would go dead then return after restart.
Sometimes display would read "Transmission differential Locked"
Sometimes air suspension does not work.
all grounds are clean. fuse boxes are clean.
changed temp sensor.
any ideas

Thank you for the great feed ack rating but you need to understand that your problem is not going to be the same as someone elses symptom. You have at least one different variable in which the dealer has now had his hands in your car
. This is a variable that ust be consdered,. I can aso tell you tgat owning and aervicing over20 Cadilacsand answering questions here for over 10 years, this is the first time I have heard of this symptom

I am answering from my phone which leaves me with very small font and it is difficult to see my response, so if there are spelling errors, I am not ignorant. I just can't see.
This is going to be a real challenge to find the problem. Codes assist in diagnostics, but they are not the absolute answer because one code can cascade and set more codes. Another problem is that unless you can create the stalling from what appears to be a hot engine issue each time to use a flow chart for diagnostics from a factory service manual, you are just throwing time and money away replacing perfectly good parts until the issue rears its ugly head again. Intermittant problems are almost impossible to fix.
You are yet anotger unsatisfied custoer of GM dealer hacks in my opinion. People assume since the dealer represents the manufacturer no one has more knowledge about their car. The only problem as you and others find out is that is a myth. As far as I amconcerned dealers are only good for recalls and warranty. Otherwise I suggest stay away! There are many professional servicecenters that havethe same equipment and have to do a better job!
Dealers commonly feel they are entitled to your dollar and willreplace as many good parts you can afford. They do not repair wiring harnesses and replace the whole works and in most cases no guaranty!
There is n power seat harness under tge is locatedbetween the inner floor pan and carpet. If they did in fact change the harness, you have noideaif the connectors to electrical/electronic components are correct, loose, missing or if that had anything to do with ypur problems, which really shouldn't butwhoknows what was done. This vould be a bcm roblem. Itcould be acooant sensor problem.I would love to give you some ideas where to start, but in this circumatance I do not know where to start.
I would hope you could get some of your money back and try to have a servicegarage look at it. At least they are physically with the car and theymay be able to suply you with an affidavit for small claims court to say that yhe dealer misdiagnosed the robem if the harness was even changed.

Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.