Cadillac Repair/emergency brake release

Question
How to release emergency brake on cadillac deville 1999? pedal stuck down and won't release when shifting into gear.  Tried alternating between drive and reverse a few times (rocking) but no go....help!

Answer
Hello,

Depends on what you have. If cable controlled drum rear breaks, there will be a cable running to each rear wheel. You need to go to the cable portion that does not have the housing around it. Attach a vice grips tightly on the cable and hit it with a hammer towards the front of the car. This will release the brake and  the same operation has to be done to the other wheel. Never, Never use the parking break again. Commonly destroyed from rust in road salt states.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter