Cadillac Repair/instrument panel

Hello I got a auction bought 1989 Cadillac deville with the 4.5 and 122987 miles and the problem I got is that none of the electronic gages on dashboard work at all not even the radio,fuses are all good so what now

Possibly all the fuses are not good. Are you aware this vehicle may have more than one fuse box?  You can look at the owner's manual in the glove box to confirm this. This could be a connection issue for the gauges. I have had on more than one occasion where a rodent under the hood chewed up the wiring for this circuit too.
I would recommend highly trying to purchase a Cadillac service manual for this car on Ebay, so you are not left guessing. It will save you lots of oney in the long run to repair anything wrong with the vehicle.
Let me know what you find.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.