Cadillac Repair/2000 Cadillac escalade headlights wont turn on

How do I get my headlights to turn on on my 2000 Cadillac escalade

Unfortunately because of logistics and me not being at the vehicle this makes it difficult do diagnose. Did they all of a sudden quit working? Was there something that happened before the development of this problem (i.e. installation of a stereo or some other accessory). Has this vehicle any history of flood damage?

You need to look at the owners manual to determine where all the fuse boxes are and check those fuses. I believe this vehicle has daytime running headlights where the headlights come on with the ignition in the on position. This is a factor to be considered as well. The headlight harness can be bad.
Once you have confirmed fuses are good, you will need to remove the headlight switch in order to see if you even have power there. If not, it could be a loose or disconnected harness or a problem at the electrical ignition switch. To check for power here, you need to remove the steering column shrouds and the switch is located on the opposite side of the ignition lock.
It's rough trying to diagnose an electronic problem without using a Cadillac service manual, that has flow charts to eliminate potential problems one by one. You may be able to download the manual for about $30 from If not, you need to try to locate a manual on Craigs list or Ebay.
There is no boiler plate answer for the headlights not working in this vehicle.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.