Cadillac Repair/Sts shuts off

Question
I have an 05 sts that is shutting off while driving down the road. It doesn't  run rough or miss before it shuts  off like a plug wire might cause it to do it just turns off. You can that put it in neutral and it starts right back up. It might not do it again or it might do it 5 more times .  I have had it to two different cadilllac dealers one said battery terminal was loose and one said fuel filter was plugging up, didn't help. Any help would be appreciated

Answer
Hello,

The first problem is going to a dealer. As a general rule, they are just parts changers on a guess and you are much better off going to a service center with a good reputation.
As for your problem, intermittent problems are impossible to repair, because guessing and replacing perfectly good components can get frustrating and expensive. The problem has to be able to be replicated in order to do a correct diagnoses. I am sure you don't like hearing that and would like a more definitive answer, but that is just how it is. You are not dealing with a common known problem and there are far too many things that could cause the same symptoms.
Don't you find it strange that you are told two exactly different problems, one for fuel, one for electrical?
If a fuel filter plugs up, it does not self repair and needs to be replaced. What a stupid answer from the dealer tech!
What you can do, and I am going to address this on another question as well, is try to do the obvious. Remove the bolt from the frame at the negative battery cable. Make sure you have a good bare metal to bare metal contact and tighten the bolt down.
Other than that, unless it gets to the point that the problem shows up on a constant occurrence, this issue will not be resolved.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter