Cadillac Repair/96 Cadillac deville

Question
Just newly bought 96 Cadillac deville it ran good then it wouldn't start up once cut off check engine like on six codes came up the map sensor,  egc,  air  compress,  etc.   While idle it revs on its own,. While   driving  it squeaks  and  a  "gassy"  smell  comes  off  the car.  The  battery   and   alternator    are    good.So any idea wat it might be?

Answer
Hello,

I would recommend taking the vehicle to a reputable repair garage (not a dealer) and have them connect their diagnostic scanner on the vehicle. The codes can cascade, where one sensor will set off another and the only way to diagnose is with the proper equipment.
The check engine light is for emissions and means the computer system is not in closed loop, there by affecting mileage, performance. This is why the engine did not start. This is your gassy smell and if you run it long enough like that, the catalytic computer will plug and you will have 0 power. Get diagnosed as soon as possible.

As for your squeak, I am not at the vehicle, so I would not know where to look, however you might consider the suspension, either shocks or struts.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter