Cadillac Repair/caddilac

Question
QUESTION: Just replaced my 1986 Caddilac Sedan DeVille with a new battery and now the digital gas gauge, digital air conditioner, and stereo won't light up or work what can be the problem

ANSWER: Hello,

Did the stereo work before you replaced the gas gauge and a/c control?

There are two power wires to the factory stereo. One is constant power for station pre-set and clock memory. The other power wire is switched so the ignition is in on or acc. You could have a bad fuse or two and the first thing I would check would be the fuses. Otherwise, when you changed the a/c control, you disconnected power going to the stereo.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: Nothing was done to anything but a new battery and before the battery was replced evrything was working just fine the mechanic said there was a pinched wire which he replaced and a new battery.

Answer
Hello,

OK, and the pinched wire was for what circuit? All you can do is check the radio fuse. If that is good, then stereo has to be removed and has to be checked to see if power is going to it. If power is going to the back of the stereo, and the stereo doesn't work, stereo is no good. It's just that simple.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter