Cadillac Repair/2008 cts power seats

I bought a set of 2008 Cad. cts seats and I am putting them in a 56 chevy. I want every thing to work on them except the memory. not the cooling part if they have that... Need to know what wires to hook up .. can I hook up 12v and ground to make them operate..  NEED all the help I can get  PLEASE

Jim  thank you

As for the wiring, it all depends if you will be able to get these seats even working for the car ad unfortunately, because of the modules used ii the seats, its not as simple as just connecting battery power to them like it used to be.

Please realize, I have more experience in these situations than others and I ran into an issue that you may run into when replace. I had two 2004 F-150 trucks. One had a power seat. The other had a heater, 6 way seats instead of 4 way and lots of other things. I figured no problem-just swap the two. The 4 way seat had one power, one ground very simple. The custom seat had about a 30 wire harness going to it. I figured I would just find power, hook it up and be done with it. Well, never did get the seat working and the vehicle with the custom seat had power on the passenger side as well with the 2 wire hook up. So, the end result was I had a working power on the passenger side, but the drivers never moved. Finally, I took the passenger seat track and motors and put on driver's side and the passenger seat was swapped with the custom seat tracks, motor and modules and would never move.
I had the schematics for this mess and found that the custom seat had to be hooked to the vehicle's computer just like everything that is interfaced.
I am really afraid you are going to run into the same issue and will not be able to get the seat to work.

That is the problem with these fancy vehicles. Everything, whether it is the stereo, the windows, everything is tied into the computer.
Now, you could get all the harnesses and computer for the Cadillac, but then you have another issue.
It is my opinion that although it is a neat idea, you will be as frustrated as I was and will never get your dream to develop.
I have switched seats for years repairing theft recovered vehicles and never had a problem until I ran into this computerized junk.
I really  wish you the best. If the driver's seat has more than 2 wires in the harness, you are preparing to go into a nightmare.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.