Cadillac Repair/procedure for testing trunk lock motor etc. on my ,1996 cadillac fleetwood brougham

Question
my trunk lock pull down motor stopped working.  The license plate light  and the trunk light also went out.I don't know if it's the motor,  actuators,  wiring,  fuses,  relays  or  what to replace. can u  provide me with a schematic or a  treat procedure for checking/ testing each individual part of each circuit.  thank you very very much.

Answer
Hello,

With more than one problem at a time, chances the trunk motor failed unlikely. I have no wiring schematics fr a car this old.I would be looking at a body ground in the area. I also would suggest you check the owner's manual for all fuse box locations and check them. There should be a fuse box in the dash area and in the trunk on the driver's side.
If you are referring to the pull down motor, in a pinch you can remove the lid edge plastic and you will find three bolts on the latch and you will see the latch is slotted. You can loosen the bolts, push the latch upward and tighten. Try slamming the trunk like any other car. If the trunk does not close, loosen pull the latch down a little more and tighten. Try until the trunk will shut. This way you can drive the car until you fix the problem. Cadillac is the only American car that had this option. I think it is just plain stupid. Those motors fail and cost too much to fix.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter