Cadillac Repair/ride control on Cadillac Escalade

My warning Service Ride Control came on in my Cadillac Escalade 2004 ESV. How can we trouble shoot the air control compressor leveling device?

There are a couple different procedures here. The vehicle can be taken to a service center (not a dealer) that has what is known as a tech II scanner, which can be connected to the computer system of the vehicle to determine if there is a computer or sensor issue.

This vehicle has more than one fuse panel and you should look at your owners manual to determine which fuse is for either compressor or ride control and check that fuse.

You stated the ride control light illuminated, but you did not say if the back end was squatting closer to the ground or raised higher than normal.

With a test light, you can check to see if you are getting power to the compressor which is usually located under the hood. If the compressor has been determined to be getting power, you may want to do a visible check of the rear suspenion either in the air shocks or air bags, however the vehicle is equipped.
If filled with air, you may want to take soapy water to the lines fittings and shocks or bags. If you have a leak, bubbles will develop.

Good Luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.