Cadillac Repair/1987 Cadillac Allante

Question
I have a 1987 Cadillac Allante that I have fuel pressure up to the injection lines, but the motor will not start and run because the fuelisnt getting into the motor. Is there a relay that controls this?

P.S. It starts and runs on starting fluid.

Thanks

Dan

Answer
Hi Dan,

NEVER use starting fluid on an aluminum gas engine. You could blow a cylinder head off or worse! Doing this type of testing you should put gasoline into a spray bottle. Staring fluid is only meant for diesel engines.

If you have the owner's manual it will tell you where each relay is located and what they are for. If you cannot find a fuel relay in the owner's manual I highly suggest you attempt t purchase the 1987 Cadillac factory manual from Craigs list or Ebay in order to diagnose and repair the problem. Th manual is required for many of the repairs o this car because few shops have information on your car.

I bought a 1987 Allante with 41k on it. I drove it until 65k and was one of the best and fun cars I ever owned in spite of having an ht 4100. I miss it.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter