Cadillac Repair/1990 Seville Stalls 4.5

Question
My Caddy stalls from time to time, but it starts back up almost immediately. Cadillac Service Center did a diagnostic and determined it needed the #8 injector replaced and ECM. Should I trust what they are telling me and is their a code you need to know when replacing the ECM.

Answer
Hello

Intermittent problems are the worst to diagnose and repair.
As for the diagnoses as to an injector and ecm- not so fast!
This car has the OBD I computer system which is not known for its accuracy. The new standard which was introduced about 1994 known as OBD II is still used today.
The OBD II gives pin point accuracy where as OBD I just gives you a rough idea as to the problem. Other sensors on the OBD I can set off false diagnostics. My concern is you ill replace these parts at high cost only to find you fixed nothing.you are best off letting the problem become much more pronounced in which case you can properly diagnose the problem. Otherwise you are just guessing and hoping for good results.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter