Cadillac Repair/lower oil cooler line

We have a 1992 Cadillac deville.  The radiator had to be replaced but a part broke off lower oil cooler line.  Can the lower oil cooler line be bypassed and everything still function properly?
Thanks for your time.

I would not recommend trying to bypass the oil cooler line because imminent damage can occur to the engine.
You did not specify as to what part broke off the oil cooler line. Possibly you can go on the Internet search engine and look for Rock Auto Pars, who claim to have a huge inventory of aftermarket replacement parts and get the line if required or your broken part. Now, if you stripped the threads at the radiator, that possibly can be repaired too.

Engine oil coolers and transmission line coolers are required for the engine and transmission and engine to operate. Engines run much hotter than non computerized vehicles and the purpose of the coolers is to keep the engine and transmission from burning up.

Better yet, you have another thing going against you in this instance. You have an aluminum engine that cannot be subjected to heat weather it is oil or cooling system issues. Although these aluminum engines are great for performance, their downfall is that heat of any kind destroys them quickly. The engine components can and will melt!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.