Cadillac Repair/89 cadilac fleetwood alternater

Question
hi im having car problems my 89 cadilac i thought the alternater went out on it so i took it to autozone and it checked out good so i then bought a batttery mine was five years old but it still wasnt it so i took my alternater off again and cleaned the brushes around the coil and it was keeping a charge and everything up until three days later i left to go to work got there turned of the car then it wouldnt crank up again but i still had lights inside and everything but you can tell the battery was getting weak now here i am any suggestions on what it could be

Answer
Hello

Sounfs like a bad starter or solenoid. You need a test light at the starer solenoid terminal and some other perso has to put ignitio in start position. If the test light illuminates you will be installing a starter.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter