Cadillac Repair/95 Cadillac Concours

Question
With AC on display shows Refrigerant low AC compressor shutting off. Mechanic has checked freon. Plenty there. If I unhook battery it resets and workd for about 20-30 minutes and then does again.

Answer
Hello

Whenever there is a low freon issue the compressor automatically shuts down to prevent damage to the compressor occurs.
You state everything on the car is linked into the computer system and it is possible you have your mechanic has checked the freon and there are no issues there.
Have you had the vehicle scanned for trouble codes with a GM Tech II or equivalent? Being everything is linked through the computer, the possibility that you have a bcm (Body Control Module A/K/A computer) issue exists. There should be a diagnostic code present. Disconnecting the battery and connecting again only does a temporary reset and only masks the problem temporarily.
This problem appears to be electronic. Either a sensor has failed or the problem goes back to the computer. You do not need to go to a dealer to find the problem. The larger service centers can assist you i the diagnoses.

Good Luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter