Cadillac Repair/1993deville

service fuel system light came on & the engine stopped running & would'nt restart

There can be a variety of problems here. The first place to start however is to consider are fuel fiter and fuel pump pressure. The fuel pump is located in the tank and the fuel filter is mounted under the car on the drivers side fuel rail. Both could cause fuel pressure problems. The next issue can be the injectors at the engine.
The very poor quality of gasoline we get these days does plug fuel filters.
You are dealing with a symptom with the diagnostic code notification and not the cause. I hate to see you guessing ont he repair only to find out whatever you replaced did not correct the problem

You do not need to get ripped off by a dealer. You can have the car taken to any reputable service center that has the electroic scanner capable of pin pointing the exact cause of the problem Many believe the diagnostic codes determine exactly what is wrong with the vehicle. In reality, in many cases displaying such leaves more questions than answers.All diagnostic codes tell you is what circuit the problem is coming fromina very general manner. These codes like many of the auto makers terminology are misleading because they do not diagnose an exact cause.
The manufacturer does not want the consumer to have the ability to repair thier own vehicle. That is the purpose of dealerships with thier service department.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.