Cadillac Repair/Cadillac Seville keyless entry system

Question
Hello,
I recently bought Seville, which was first registered in Germany Feb.1998, so its most probably a 1997-model. I did not receive the keyless entry device with the car. I want to buy a new device via the internet in the USA. Question is: how to program the new device to my car? Here in Germany, it`s not so easy to find a Cadillac expert. The only garage, I had the chance to talk to, offered me a new device for 180 Euro (approx. 250 $US)and the programming for additional 300$.
I really appreciate any better way to solve the problem.

I also still have in my possession the entry "beeper" of my old 1994 Eldorado, the car which I scraped recently. Might it be possible, do program this device to my car?

Thank You very much in advance
Ralf

Answer
Hello,

Hopefully, you still have the owners manual for the car in the glovebox. The owner's manual gives you instructions as to how to program the key fob. As far as the fob working from the Eldo, I doubt it, but you can try.

Good luck.

http://www.auotheftexpert.com  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter