Cadillac Repair/2005 Cadillac DeVille blower motor

Can you tell me how difficult it is to replace the blower motor on a 2005 Cadillac DeVille?

ANSWER: Hello,

I am going to tell you the easiest and cheapest way for detailed instructions. If you are going to service your car and save yourself money, take all the guesswork out by obtaining a factory service manual download

See how that works for you.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick response, however the gearhead site you directed me to does not currently have manuals for 2005 Cadillac's. Can you tell me if you ever replaced a 2005 Cadillac DeVille blower motor and if so, if it was as simple as unplugging the electrical connection and air tube, unscrewing the motor from the housing and replacing with new motor?

Hi George,

I have changed blower motors on this body style. Was it a 2005? I don't remember. The first question before you do this, have you checked to see if you en have power going to the blower motor? Cadillac has been notorious since 1982 for fan speed blower motor problems. In the 80's and the 90's the most common problem was a failure in a very expensive resistor block located above the heater motor. Then Cadillac engineers with their infinite wisdom linked the heater blower control into the BCM (Body Control Module) A/K/A, the computer.
That was my purpose of suggesting a manual for diagnoses, but I should have been more specific. Yes, it's just a matter of removing the screws and connector.
Please forgive me for sending you that link, but I am starting to realize my memory is not what it was. I had a site I sent everyone to in which you could download a manual for about $30.00 for a year and I just remembered it: My mind went blank and I just wanted to assist you. The all data site is very good and you should not have a problem.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.