Cadillac Repair/92 cadillac eldorado

my car will not shift into overdrive  can you give me some ideas on how to fix this problem it was like this when I bought it also the computer is telling me to service ride control it was also like this when I bought it can u help me with this also my car shifts the first time but will not shift again on freeway

I would suggest an Internet search for "92 Eldorado ride control problems." Very common. Leaking air lines and shocks were common. If the compressor runs, you can check for leaks by going under car and apply soapy water on the fittings and the boots of the shocks to find the leaks.
Its rather common to see these Cadillacs to be squatting in the rear because of these issues.

As for the trans, trying to diagnose through the Internet is going to get real expensive chasing ghosts.
I would recommend obtaining a 1992 factory Cadillac Eldorado service manual on Ebay or Craigs. This is the best diagnostic tool one could have, giving flow charts to eliminate many different possibilities and nail down the specific problem.

Good Luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.