Cadillac Repair/Car stalling

Question
Hey Rob I wanted to say you were 100 percent right on the ignition switch being bad in the 1992 Cadillac Deville. The more I investigate it the more I believe it. I have to leave the steering column adjusted in one spot or the car will not start. Now I have a new problem but I think it is related to the ignition switch. When I make a right hand turn and I come ending the turn the car acts like it dies. The car is still on but if you hit the gas pedal you get no response it takes a good 5 seconds and I have my foot to the floor board and finally it takes off and their is no more problems after that. It just does not like making right hand turns. I just replaced the fuel filter so I don't think it could be clogged but I never know with this car. I do live in Virginia so the road it sandy and salty most of the time. But I really don't think the filter is clogged what is your opinion. I have an old steering column for this car in our attic so I am going to buy the tool tomorrow to play with the old one and see how hard it will be to replace the ignition switch. I also wanted to ask you on this car for the cruise control is their a switch that is in the steering column. I believe that is why my cruise control won't work but I am not for sure. Thanks.

Answer
No No No!!!!!!!!! You can't change the steering column!!!!! As I told you there are 1 of 14 different resistors that make the engine start. In other words, you are not going to find a mating column. The ignition is not at the key lock cylinder and is under the dash on the top of the column. DON"t change the column!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will write more later.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter