Cadillac Repair/1991 cadillac ceville a/c

Question
display indicator a/c refrigerate low then a/c compressor off so I recharged started cooling real well next day display indicator a/c refrigerate low then a/c compressor off I used Freon with leak sealor

Answer
Hello,

Leak sealer does not seal all leaks! Secondly, dye should have been used to determine as to where the leak was located. Being certified in A/C, it would not even be legal for me to do anything with the a/c system without the use of the dye.
I would suggest seeing if you can get some dye to add with more freon in order to see where the leak is.
Leak sealer is only good for minor leaks such as an "o" ring or a pin hole in the condenser. It is not a fix all, no matter what the claim. The high side depending on humidity can be over 150 psi which is a tremendous amount of pressure and if the leak is caused by hole, a crack in the line or other things, no matter how good the sealer is, it is not going to hold up.
For the system to discharge over night, this means you have a substantial leak and the use of dye will direct yo to the problem, which once repaired will probably not be an issue for years after.

There are so many products out there that misrepresent their effectiveness. We as consumer trying to save money figure we can go around the cost of using a qualified technician to repair problems with our vehicles. Although this may be true in many instances, there are products out there that we expect more out of them because of their unwarranted claims and assume the product is a cure all.
There are also consequences to the use of these products and I would highly recommend not using any more sealer.

The same holds true with cooling system leak sealer, transmission leak sealer and engine leak sealer. You are injecting a product into the system that is plugging a leak (or attempting to) that there was no engineering intention from the factory for this. Normally, the leaking component (seal, "o" ring, radiator, condenser is considered to be replaced in order to fix the problem.

In your instance, it sounds like the leak is greater than the product can seal. If youuse dye, chances are the leaking component will be obvious.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter